Friday, August 31, 2007

The countdown begins

This time next week I'll be pledging forever, through the good and the bad, for richer or poorer.

Time to make final mental adjustments to thinking as a unit instead of an individual. Time to get used to the fact that what's mine is his and what's his is mine - does this mean he has the right to wear my shoes as well!?!? Time to adjust to living with someone, getting up close and personal and in each other's space all the time. After a lifetime of doing what I want when I want this will be a change.

One week left and everything seems settled, although there are still boxes and boxes of my stuff in the house. That will just have to wait until after the wedding and honeymoon. Not enough hours in the day to get things done as it is, let alone time to sit down and sort through the junk I dumped into those boxes.

Time is short. Too many things to do. Looks like I'll subsist on a steady stream of caffeine for the next week until this is all over.

Time for many changes but isn't that what life is all about?

No comments: